Electric fireplaces that are available on the market and online always found in different colors, shapes, and dimensions. Some fireplaces are freestanding, while others are designed to be mounted on walls. Most of us are now interested in buying a smoke-free, clean and eco-friendly heating appliance for both house and workplace. Among the different kind of fireplaces, a freestanding electric fireplace will be the perfect choice for them whos budget is low but want to buy a good heater.
Freestanding Electric Fireplace offers a stylish and gorgeous way of heating our home, qualified by an atmosphere that mimics and matches that of a wood-burning fire.
Before you go out and get yourself one of the best freestanding electric fireplace for your home or workplace, we will guide you who you will pick the best one for your home.
Quick Look at the Top 8 best freestanding electric fireplace of 2019
Reviews of Our Top 8 Best Freestanding Electric Fireplace
NUMBER #1: Duraflame DFI-5010-01 Infrared Quartz Fireplace Stove
The Duraflame DFI-5010-01 Infrared Quartz Fireplace Stove is a unique freestanding electric fireplace with many unmatch and supreme features. This Duraflame model is portable, so you can move it to anywhere else of your house or apartment for quick and instant warm.
The stove has a capacity of heating up to 1000 square feet. Furthermore, this fireplace stove features infrared heating and this type of heating technology prevents the room air from being dry and manage to keep ideal indoor humidity.
It has adjustable thermostat that allows you to determine and set the desired room temperature of your comfort. The Duraflame Infrared Fireplace Stove also has a built-in overheat protection device, which enables this heater to shut off instantly when it starts overheating.
The above features that we point out in this review make this Duraflame Infrared Quart Fireplace Stove one of the best and cheap freestanding electric fireplaces in the market today.
However, the fireplace makes slight noises when functioning and the top of the fireplace gets extremely hot.
- High-quality metallic construction
- Impressive 3D fire display
- Large viewing display panel
- 5-adjustable speed and brightness settings
- Ideal for heating medium-sized rooms
- Plastic legs-not strong enough
Number #2: Lifesmart Infrared Quartz Freestanding Electric Fireplace
I am not a huge fan of the design of this freestanding electric fireplace, although, it is available at three different colors (Light oak, burnished oak, and dark oak). But, performance-wise, it is the best in the business. It can heat a large room of 1000 sq.feet since it has 3 commercial standard quartz infrared heating tubes. It can generate a very mild, soft and cozy heatwave.
Furthermore, it is one of the great fireplaces for zone heating as it doesn’t heat the whole room rather it heats a specific zone or objects in the room. This kind of heating technique helps us to reduce energy consumption and electricity bill also. Moreover, as it targets human and objects instead of heating the whole room, it will not dry the air like an infrared heater. So, the moisture in the room will not become imbalanced.
- The interface is accessible and user-friendly.
- Size is perfect, not very big neither too small.
- The blower is very strong. It sends the heatwave fast and far.
- No assembly is needed
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Flames don’t look realistic
- Remote is bulky
Number #3: e-Flame USA Regal Freestanding Electric Fireplace
Certainly, e-Flame USA regal fireplace will enhance the appearance of your home décor if you bring it at your home. By far, it’s one of the best looking fireplaces we have ever seen. It has three different colors. Among the three colors, matte black is our favorite as this color really shinning on the fireplace. Also, the curve design makes it more attractive and unique. Moreover, the false flame seems very realistic and charming.
With the BTU rating of 5000 BTU, we can say this electric freestanding fireplace can warm a medium-size room of 400 sq.feet. The heating elements of this fireplace is located at the bottom of the heater so the casting of this heater will not become hot.
- Nice looking fireplace
- Flame looks realistic
- Quiet in operation. You can only hear the sound of the fan when it started.
- No assembly needed
- Legs are made of plastic
- Price is high if we compare it to the fireplace of the same configuration
NUMBER #4: Duraflame DFS-450-2 Carleton Electric Stove
If you are fond of the traditional wood fireplaces, you might find the Duraflame DFS-450-2 Carleton electric fireplace appealing. Though it looks like a stove, you may think that it may need to add some logs in order to start a fire.
The electric fireplace has an ember bed and glowing logs that create a realistic flame effect. Interestingly, the effect can be operated with the fireplace heating the room or even without heat.
Although the DFS-450-2 looks somewhat small, it can warm a room of 400 square feet. The remote control is optional and can be used to operate all functions of the appliance including regulating heat and glow. Nevertheless, some customers complained that the unit made unbearable noise when running.
- Portable freestanding electric fireplace that you can easily move from one room to another
- Really pleasing to the eyes
- Safety features that turn off the heater to prevent overheating.
- Outside sheet is cool to the touch all the time
- External plastic covering is cheap and might be harmful in the event that the fireplace overheats
NUMBER #5: SEI Sicilian Harvest Electric Fireplace
When you talk of appearance, SEI Sicilian Harvest Electric Fireplace is one of the most beautiful and attractive freestanding electric fireplace on offer. The model is made of polished mahogany reflecting a soft traditional style hard to find nowadays.
The design features fluted columns between which the fireplace sits, reflecting unmatched elegance.
Apart from the beautiful design, SEC Sicilian Harvest electric fireplace heats rooms of up to 400 square feet. The top section can serve as a mantel for your flat panel TV set if it does not exceed 42.75 inches in length. Some customers complained that the wood frame was not properly stained and finished. One particular reviewer complained that his fireplace stopped working after only a month of use.
- Easy to assemble and move across rooms since it weighs just 100lbs
- Mantel supports up to 85lbs
- Firebox with interior brick design, glowing embers and flickering flames that make the electric fireplace more realistic
- Not ideal for large rooms
Number #6: TURBRO Electric Fireplace Stove
This electric fireplace is designed with 3 side visible gorgeous flame effects of burning emulation logs. This Turbro fireplace is specially built with durable metal so you don’t have to think about the lifetime of this fireplace. Furthermore, you will get a one-year free service warranty in case any problem occurs with this stove.
With the wattage rating of 1400 watt and BTU rating of around 4500 btu, it can warm a big size room of 1000 sq.feet.
- Easy to use
- Very lightweight and easy to move from one room to another
- Good Looking fireplace
- Not that much noisy
- Easy to install
- Legs are made of plastic. It is likely to break easily.
- No remote control
NUMBER #7: Southern Enterprises Cartwright Convertible Electric Fireplace
The Southern Enterprises Cartwright Convertible Electric Fireplace comes with a unique design whereby you can either fit it against a wall or put it in a corner. This means that you can even choose to use the fireplace as a TV stand by placing it atop the mantel.
The convertible electric fireplace requires 1400 watts of power to run and heats up to 400 square feet. The 4-way remote control feature allows you to adjust the thermostat, logs, timer, frames, and log separately. The model has a safety feature with qualities like automatic shutoff and glass that stays cool to your touch.
Some customers expressed dissatisfaction with the fireplace. A particular reviewer indicated that some parts were packed broken and the mantle is poorly made. Other complained it started to make noise after a few months of use.
- A self-regulating heater that turns off when the required temperature levels are realized
- Sleek design and appearance including an interior brick pattern that allows for a more lifelike look
- Easy to use the remote control
- Easy to install even without professional assistance
- Child safety feature
- Not ideal for large spaces
NUMBER #8: Comfort Zone Electric “Stove Style” Fireplace Heater
Comfort Zone is a renowned brand when it comes to the development of home appliances.
First, the electric fireplace is built “stove style,” which makes it ideal for movement across rooms. The model is freestanding and has a stable base which means you can position it almost anywhere in a room.
The Comfort Zone “Stove Style” electric fireplace has two heat settings of 750/1500 watts, meaning you can adjust the temperature for your maximum comfort. The simulated 3-D flames with an ember bed are highly realistic.
You do not even need to worry about your pets or children since the fireplace cabinet is made of durable plastic that stays cool even when the heater is operating. Although most customers were satisfied with the fireplace, some complained that their unit stopped working after a few months of use.
- Free-standing and a stable base
- Easy to move across rooms
- Shuts off if it starts to overheat
- The plastic casing might appear low quality
- Not suitable for large rooms
- The fan might sound loud
Best Freestanding Electric Fireplace Buying Guide
How To Pick Best Freestanding Electric Fireplace Like A Pro
• Design-there are various type and designed freestanding electric fireplaces. You can purchase a freestanding electric fireplace that can stand on four legs, a mantelpiece fireplace, or even a freestanding fireplace that can be placed inside a Tv stand or bookshelf. Before you choose one, you need to know which type of fireplace will be ideal for your house. We have discussed it in details in types of electric fireplace section.
• Heating space-electric fireplaces are more cost-effective than wood or pellet stove . But they don’t have the high heating capacity as traditional wood stoves or fireplaces. So, be sure that the electric fireplace of your choice can effectively heat the entire room.
• Features-freestanding electric fireplaces offer a variety of features to suit your tastes. But you need to pick one that features suits you most. For example, apart from a mimic wood flame, some electric fireplace produces crackling wood-burning sounds like a real fireplace. The crackling sound may annoy some customers, however, some people may enjoy it.
• Controls-consider the variety of controls offered by freestanding electric fireplaces such as thermostat controls or heat settings to adjust or maintain certain temperatures, or brightness settings among others.
TYPES OF ELECTRIC FIREPLACES AVAILABLE IN MARKET
1. FREESTANDING ELECTRIC FIREPLACE
Freestanding electric fireplaces are amazing pieces of heater that many individuals would love to add to their home. They literally stand up on 4 legs and some come up with removable wheels so that it can be moved around effortlessly. Aesthetically they look amazing so many would love to bring into their home. Generally, Best freestanding electric fireplaces are made of quartz. A fireplace that comes up with quartz heats a room very fast without spiking the electricity bill. Furthermore, these fireplaces come with a 3d flaming effect that can look very visually appealing.
2.Build-In ELECTRIC FIREPLACE
Built-in Electric Fireplaces are a terrific new piece of fireplace that individuals can add to their home if they already have a built-in fireplace in there home. Built-in Electric fireplace is different from wood or gas fireplace since they do not need a vent pipe or chimney because they don’t utilize any kind of fossil fuel. Although these fireplaces may sound like they will be complicated to set up, in reality, it is not that much complicated. The only complication is to find a proper size electric fireplace that can fit in the fireplace. After purchasing a perfect dimension fireplace, you need to install it in the spot following the user manual and then connect the plug and run it.
3. Electric Fireplaces with Mantels
Electric fireplace with mantels is the last electric fireplace that will be covered in these summaries of these great new home appliances that heat up individuals home. To be exact, an electric fireplace that comes with mantels are created with a mantel that surrounds the fireplace so that it can be put inside a house and look exactly like the real and durable. Moreover, these types of electric fireplaces come in a variety of different stone formations and colors that many individuals can pick to match the taste of their home. Next, another great feature about electric fireplaces with mantels is that they come with different heating levels that can be switched and come with a safety heating cutoff valve that can tell when the fireplace is getting too hot. Lastly, to place this amazing appliance in a home an individual will just need a 120-volt outlet yo enjoy their electric fireplace with a mantel today.
4. Electric Fireplace Inserts
Electric fireplace inserts are an amazing heater that many are starting to move towards now rather than using the older wood and gas fireplaces. There are two different types of electric fireplace inserts you can see in the market. They are known as firebox inserts and electric log inserts.
- Firebox Inserts are really cool and great for many individuals who want to place under or over an entertainment center like TV stand or bookshelf or something like that.
- As for Electric Log Inserts, they are very neat and great appliances also but are a little bit more restricted as to where they can be placed around a house. To be exact, electric log inserts are single appliances that are actually placed on this area normal combustion or wooden fireplace would be. So, in essence, an individual is still using a traditional wood fireplace, just minus all of the chemicals that are associated with burning wood or gas inside of a traditional home fireplace.
5. 3-Sided Electric Fireplaces
There are now 3-sided electric fireplaces that can really impress any individual with their attractive looks. The best feature when it comes to 3-sided electric fireplaces is the 180-degree view that is extremely exotic looking and very appealing to the eyes, so everyone can enjoy this fireplace no matter the angle they are sitting.
6. WALL MOUNT ELECTRIC FIREPLACES
Individuals who are looking to bring more intrigue to their house may be very interested in wall mounted electric fireplaces. These amazing pieces of furniture can come in all sizes big or small to be mounted in an individuals apartment or home. Furthermore, wall mounted electric fireplaces are easy to fit in any kind of home layouts and any size room. As they are mounted on the wall, they will not take any space in the room you likely to place it. Moreover, they are very easy to install so you don’t need to hire a professional for this.
Electric Fireplace Safety Tips
1. Switch off the electric fireplace and also unplug from the socket if the unit isn’t in use.
- Reduce electricity consumption.
- No chance of accidental switch-on of the fireplace.
- Infants can’t able to turn on it curiously.
2. It is not recommended to operate an electric fireplace using an extended cord.
Reasons: Extension cords are easily affected by overload voltage and there is a high risk it can cause a fire.
3. Try to place and install an electric fireplace closer to your home electric socket.
Reasons: You may need an extension cord which is very risky to use.
4. If you have a wall mount unit, try to place it 5 feet above the floor. For the freestanding electric fireplace, it is safe to use a fireplace safety gate to keep your pets and children away from the fireplace.
Benefits: Keep your children and pet safe from burning
5. Never use an electric fireplace outdoor because it’s only designed for indoor use.
6. Keep it away from water. Never place an electric fireplace in a bathroom, laundry or other location where it can be exposed to water.
7. Don’t block the air intake and discharge venting system.
8. Don’t run electric fireplace where flammable liquors, gasoline, and gases are present.
9. Don’t try to uplift an electric fireplace holding the glass panel
10. Don’t hit or strike glass because glass is very fragile in nature.
What is the Best Brand of Freestanding Electric Fireplaces?
Well, you may find many brands while you look online for a good quality freestanding electric fireplace. But among them, “Duraflame” is the most popular and renowned electric fireplace brand. Anyone can buy electric fireplace manufactured by them. You can also consider freestanding electric fireplace produced by “Southern Enterprises” “e-Flame USA” and “LifeSmart”. These brands also have very good reputation on manufacturing quality electric fireplace.
Can I Leave a Freestanding Electric Fireplace Overnight?
Yes, you can leave your freestanding electric fireplace turn on overnight. But, it is a best practice to turn it off when you are not using it. Also, turn this heating machine off when you leave the house for office or work or when you leave the room where it is place for an extended period of time.
Is It Expensive to Run Freestanding Electric Fireplace?
Typically, a normal good quality freestanding electric fireplace use 1500 watts of electricity. In the United States of America, average cost of electricity is about .12$ per kwh. So, running a quality freestanding electric fireplace will cost 1.5Kw x $.12 = $.18/ hour. Assuming that your fireplace is 1500 watts and it will use 1.5 kw per hour.
Do Electric Fireplace Flames Look Real?
Yes, they do look realistic. But, not all of them give realistic flame effect.
Can I Put My Freestanding Electric Fireplace on Carpet?
Yes, it is 100 percent safe to place a freestanding electric fireplace on carpet or top of a rug since you don’t have to deal with real fire.
WRAP IT UP
Finally, we can say, you can choose a wood, gas or electric fireplace. It totally depends on your want and budget. But if you looking for a heater that can give your house a contemporary look then electric fireplace will be the best option for you. In this freestanding electric fireplace buying guide, our editor’s has listed some of the best freestanding electric fireplaces in the market.
Before you go for one from the list, make a list of the features, dimension, appearance and other aspects. After that purchase one electric fireplace that really fulfills your need or wants maximal.
- Editor Rating
- Rated 4.5 stars
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified: