A heater can be one of the dangerous devices in the home if you have a toddler at home. Kids are always very curious and they don’t have any idea what is safe for them or what is hazardous. Infrared heater will be the best for this purpose. It’s very safe and efficient to use in winter. They emit infrared rays and effectively heat every object in a room without targeting a specific area. You may feel like standing in the sunshine during summer at the beach.
You are looking for someone that creates heat without causing any safety hazards, and you must choose a unit that is the right size for your space. Best infrared heaters on the market are all capable of keeping your home or space warm in any conditions. Many infrared heaters available online but we have confined the result into top six heaters.
Top 6 Best Infrared Heater Reviews Pick By Our Editors
Number 1: The Dr. Infrared Heater
Dr. Infrared Heater is one of the best infrared heaters for large room. This 1500 watt model infrared heater comes in box casting that one can easily place in both large and small spaces. It helps to distribute heat using two infrared bars, and it will cover a large area by rocking back and forth to help spread the heat out as much as possible.
Top Key Features
- Dual Heater. Dual heating for your home or outdoor space is needed when you have the two bars working at the same time. These two bars help create two direct lines of heat to cover a whole area easily.
- IR Remote. The IR remote is easy to use, and it can reach the device from a long distance. You can change the heating for the room without even getting up if you are comfortable.
- Electric Thermostat. The electric thermostats are extremely accurate, and it helps you have the best readout of how hot it is. You learn how cold it is, and you can check to see if you have gotten to the right temperature.
- Lightweight. This device does not weight very much. It can be placed anywhere in the home, and it could be moved at any time.
- Heats Evenly. Even heating helps you get warm spots all over the house. You must have even heating if you do not want to be sweating while someone else is freezing.
Read the full review of Dr. Infrared heater
- Easy to move around.
- Easy to control with the remote.
- You can use it in the sunroom or in the house.
- Suitable for commercial use.
- The device helps you get even heating.
- It might be too heavy at 24 pounds.
- You might not need a remote.
- You might need a much larger device.
Number 2: Duraflame Infrared Quartz Stove
Looking for best infrared quartz heater for your resident? Without any doubt, this Duraflame quartz hater will be perfect for you. The Duraflame Infrared Quartz Stove is a good thing to use in your home because it is a bit more sizable than most heaters, and it will look like it has a place in the house even though it is not a traditional fireplace.
Top Key Features
- Heating Capacity. This is a 5200 BTU device that will help heat a very large area if needed. You could buy this device for a big warehouse, or a large living room.
- 3D Flame Effect. The 3D flame effect looks beautiful. So people can enjoy the ambiance of fake fire.
- The Quartz Heat Production. The quartz helps produce more heat. It is designed to warm individual quickly and give a lot of immediate heat wave so that you can feel the cold at all.
- The Heat Protection. The heat protection panel will auto shut off the unit if it creates overheating.
- Digital Thermostat. It will help you to control the temperature of the heater. You can set the comfortable temperature limit after checking the room temperature and this device will also show you the reading of current room temperature.
- The device is beautiful.
- Safe to use.
- It has nice visual effects.
- Perfectly heats large areas.
- It looks like good decorative furniture.
- This device might be too big
- It might be too complicated
- The effects might be too much.
Number 3: LifeSmart Large Room Infrared heater
The Lifesmart Large Room infrared heater is a block heater that you could use at any time. It works in many spaces, and it can provide you with the even heat that you need regardless of how big space is.
Top Key Features
- Programmable thermostats are easy to use, and you can set the heater to a certain temperature when you like to turn on and off it. Set it up to work on your schedule.
- Six heat elements in this device give you all the heat you need in an even fashion. You can heat the space safely in this way.
- Timer settings are perfect for events. Set the timer to turn off the heating element when you need.
- Remote control options allow you to change the heating from any location. The remote makes this device more convenient.
- Three heat settings give you versatility. It is much easier to pick the right level of heat with three settings.
- The heater is very economical.
- Capable to heat large areas.
- Easy to program.
- You get a remote.
- You could use this heater in any space.
- The heater may not be powerful enough.
- Remote is unnecessary.
- You might need something more attractive.
Number 4: Homegear Compact space heater
Try the Homegear Compact space heater when you need a small unit with a lot of power.
Top Key Features
- Safety is number one with Homegear. This cabinet heater is heat guarded.
- The remote is easy to use. You can quickly change the temperature.
- The device is versatile. It can be used in any space.
- The small size of the heater allows you to slide it into hidden spots. no one will notice it.
- The device does not weigh much, and it can be moved at any time. You should carry it to a new spot when needed.
- The device is light.
- This device can be used in tight spaces.
- You get a remote to use.
- This device blends in.
- You could hide the device anywhere safely
- Not suitable for the big size room.
- Not very attractive.
- You might need a device with more settings.
Number 5: ILiving Infrared Portable Heater
The iLiving infrared portable heater is a unique device that lets you carry the heat anywhere you want. You must try it when you need something a little smaller and still powerful.
Top Key Features
- The box design is compact enough to fit in any space. It helps you carry it around when needed.
- The heat protection allows the outside to remain comfortable. No one gets burned to touch this device.
- The digital readout is easy to see. You need to know the exact temperature when it is running.
- Tip-Over protection prevents disasters. You will not run into any problems when you are using this device.
- The infrared heating system is even. You do not get pockets of heat and dryness.
- The device is small.
- You can carry it anywhere.
- The device has a digital readout.
- You can heat any space.
- You have safety protection.
- The device might not be big enough.
- The device might be too unattractive.
- You might want something with more settings.
Number 6: EdenPure Gen 2 Heater
The perfect infrared heater could be found in the EdenPure. You can consider this small and elegant looking heating device of Edenpure. Read this infrared heater review to see what you prefer.
Top Key Features
- This device heats a thousand square feet. You get plenty of coverage.
- This device has a remote. You can change its temperature any time you want.
- There is a safety guard on the outside. You do not get burned using this device.
- The electric thermostats are easy to use. It gives very accurate readings.
- You get a two-year warranty. This company stands behind their product.
- This device is small.
- This device is light enough to carry.
- It has safety features.
- The device heats a thousand square feet.
- You can use in the office or house.
- This device could be too small.
- You might want more settings.
- You might need a more artful exterior.
Best Infrared Heater Buying Guide
Because there are so many of these infrared heaters out there, you may not know what exactly you should look for.
Now, that can be a problem and lead you to waste your money on sub-par products.
That is why in this article, we will talk about the things you need to know before buying yourself an infrared heater and a lot more.
So, let’s dive in.
Are Infrared Heaters Green?
Yes, absolutely! There are a lot of good reasons why you can say an infrared heater is green. A lot of people think that infrared heaters are more harmful than conventional ones. Well, we are here to bust that myth. If anything, an infrared heater is much safer to use and will save you some time, money and energy.
- No Release of Harmful Toxins
Unlike conventional heaters, these heaters do not emit any kind of harmful toxins into the air. More on this topic is stated in another segment of this article.
- Fuel or Gas Usage
None of the infrared heaters are connected with fuel or gas lines. Most of them are electric and will not even use that much energy. As no fuel or gas is consumed, an overall reduction of toxins is ensured when using this heater. So, this feature also makes it compatible with green living.
- Does Not Reduce Oxygen
What most heaters do is they blow out hot air and heat the room. But an infrared heater works very differently. Using this, you will be in a very easy to breathe environment. The oxygen in the air does not reduce when you are using this heater. So overall it is very eco-friendly.
Condensation is also something you have to worry about in the case of conventional heaters. They do not keep in mind that condensation of the air in the room can make the people in the room uncomfortable.
This might turn out to be an issue for people with breathing problems as well. But an infrared heater takes care of this. Because they ensure a condensation-free environment you can be sure it is not bad for you or your surroundings.
Now that we have shown you the facts on why the infrared heater is green, it is time you think if it from a more economic perspective. Yes, we are saying it will save you money. But how? In the next section, we will explain the running cost of this device.
Running Costs of Infrared Heating
Although the initial price of an infrared heater is more than expected, the cost of using it makes it a great investment.
If we break it into numbers, you will notice that a 400-Watt infrared heater can work just as well as a 1-kilowatt regular heater. This is something that contributes a lot when it comes to saving your money.
Let us imagine that the heater will stay on for around 5 hours each day. Now, if the cost of electricity is considered to be 12.5p for every kilowatt hour, the calculation is easier to carry on. When comparing both, the ultimate cost for running an infrared heater is found to be at around 30 £ per day while that of a conventional heater is around 90£!
As you can see, using an infrared heater can save you as much as 60£ each day! So, consider around 120 days of winter when you will be using a heater. You will be saving 7200£ if you switch to infrared!
When to Use Infrared Heaters
As efficient as these heaters might be, you should not leave them on throughout the day. Not only that, an infrared heater is not exactly perfect for all types of arrangements or space. Here are some places you should use these heaters.
- Large Spaces
Because heaters are supposed to prevent the space from cooling too much, the infrared ones are perfect for large places like airplane hangars or warehouse.
A sauna is a great place to use your infrared heater. As these heaters only cool objects and not the entire space, these heaters can heat up the person inside the sauna more and the surrounding air, less. This will save you a lot of money as well as time.
- Construction Projects
For home improvement projects in construction work that needs immediate drying and no damping, infrared heaters are the way to go. As these heaters will heat an object in front of it, like the wall, it will take much less time to dry paint on the wall or attachments of the woodwork.
These heaters can also come in handy in the gym or spa, or even in factories.
Benefits of Infrared Heater
Compared to your conventional heater, an infrared heater will have limitless perks that will leave you amazed. Although you might have to spend a little more on buying it than the regular heating machine, we can guarantee that it will be worth each penny. In the long run, it will be an investment you’ll be proud of.
But for those of you who need more convincing, we have pointed out a few benefits of this magic machine. If these do not convince you to get one of these bad boys, I do not know what will.
- Saves Energy
Because an infrared heater can run on a lesser power, it will definitely save you a lot of energy compared to a regular heater. Usually, an infrared heater that is 40% the size of a regular heater can work just as efficiently.
Not only that but it will also be able to cover the same amount of space and still get the job done. All in all, its ability to save energy is out of this world.
- Saves Time
Using an infrared heater, you will be able to heat a specific space in much less time. Because the mechanism of heating is directed on the object and not blowing out hot air, it does not take the machine too long to heat a big or small space. This saves you a lot of time.
- Stays Warm Longer
Unlike a regular heating machine that takes out oxygen from the air and blows out heat, an infrared heater can hold on to heat for a longer time.
Since it heats up the object and not all the air in the room, the heat stays in the objects and the walls longer. The infrared ray is absorbed by these surfaces to keep them heated. Thus, you will find that an infrared heater keeps you warmer for a much longer time.
- Prevents Dampening
An infrared heater only heats up solid objects and surfaces. This not only saves time, energy and keeps you warm longer, it also prevents dampening. How, you might ask?
Well, because the infrared rays heat up only solid objects, there is no scope for any moisture build-up on these surfaces. Thus, you will notice none of your walls getting damp or find moldings forming anywhere.
- Low Maintenance
An infrared heater does not emit any toxins and it does not use a gas or fuel line either. They also use a “fit and forget” mechanism of work which makes them really easy to clean and maintain.
So, if you compare this to your regular heater, this can actually save you the time you would have spent in maintaining this machine.
- Low Utility Bill
The amount of money you would need to operate this machine is also very low. As we have mentioned before, a regular heater will cost you much less per day than a regular heater. So, although you might have to spend more on buying this product, you will get a lot of perks and a decrease in the utility bills.
Reference: Infrared Heaters: Pros and Cons. (New Air)
Health Benefits of Infrared Heater
For those of you who are wondering about the health benefits of this heater, we have them lined up for you right here. Because there are a good number of health benefits of this little thing, we have dedicated this section just for that. Let’s see what these health benefits are:
- Prevents Dust and Allergies
A regular heater tends to blow the air around the entire room and along with the air, it moves the dust around. Because of such dust circulations, anyone with breathing problems or allergies might be affected.
But because an infrared heater only heats up the objects, this is something that will not cause any respiratory problems.
- No Emission of Toxins
An increase in CO2 or Ozone might badly affect our environment as well as our health. Because regular heaters usually spread harmful fumes in the air, we do not think they are a great fit regarding the issue of health safety.
However, an infrared heater does not emit any harmful toxins directly into the air. This is why it is a much safer option.
An uncomfortable odor might make or break the usability of a heater. If it has a horrible smell it will not work for any user. Luckily this is not something you need to worry about when dealing with an infrared heater.
The heat distributed from an infrared heater has no odor as the rays get absorbed by solid objects and stay heated.
- Safe for All
Because the infrared heater is so great for the environment, it is safe to assume it is a healthy pick for everyone. Starting from pets to kids and even people with respiratory issues, these heaters are 100% safe to use.
You might think the infrared rays are not good for you, but this is not true at all. As the intensity of the rays used for this heater is adjusted, there is absolutely nothing to worry about when it comes to an infrared heater.
What to Consider When Buying Infrared Heater
There are some things that you most certainly should keep in mind when you go out to buy an infrared heater. Because there are a good number of options in the market, there are chances of you coming across a fake or defective product as well.
Not only that, this is the first time buying an infrared heater for many of us. So, what should you look out for? What is good? What is bad? You might want to know.
That is what this buying guide is for. If you consider these points carefully, you can easily get yourself an infrared heater that will keep you and your family warm for years to come.
- Choosing the Economical Option
Pick a heater that saves you a good amount of money when used. Not all infrared heaters will save your electricity bills. So, when getting yourself one of these, make sure you get a heater that is designed to cut down on your bills.
Buy yourself a heater that you can move around with ease. Because you might want to use this heater in multiple rooms, you should look out for infrared heaters this is lightweight and also portable. If you know that you will be moving it around frequently, buy a heater of a weight you are comfortable using.
The design of the infrared heater can be important too. Not all of these heaters are designed in the same way. While you might need a heater that fits easily in a corner, someone else might need it to be portable.
Some of us also have a specific space where we want to fit this machine. So, keep these in mind when buying the heater.
- Safety Features
Although every infrared heater claims to have safety features not all of them really have it. There are several features to look out for and they are the anti-tip turn-off and timers. Also, observe if the wires have a chance of getting overheated.
- Other Features
Not every product will be the same as sellers make sure to keep their collection diverse. So, an infrared heater may have many additional features as well. As there are countless features added in these heaters, there is not much to specify here.
But if you think the added feature is increasing the price of the heater and it is not something you need, then move on and look for another option.
The price of an infrared heater is something you need to be careful about. First off, let us make this clear that these things cost way more than the regular ones. Although you will find out soon that it is a good investment, you should fix your budget based on the expensive nature of these little things.
These are the top 6 best infrared heaters on the market, and you must plan to use one of them to keep yourself, your staff, and your family warm. We picked those after spending thousands of hours online and reading numerous customer reviews. Further to ease your choice, we also bring the buying guide that will help both beginner and regular users.
- Editor Rating
- Rated 4.5 stars
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified: