A heater can be one of the dangerous devices in the home if you have toddler at home. Kids are always very curious and they don’t have any idea what is safe for them or what is hazardous. Infrared heater will be the best for this purpose. It’s very safe and efficient to use in winter. They emit infrared rays and effectively heat every object in a room without targeting a specific area. You may feel like standing in the sunshine during summer at the beach.
You are looking for someone that creates heat without causing any safety hazards, and you must choose a unit that is the right size for your space. Best infrared heaters on the market are all capable of keeping your home or space warm in any conditions. Many infrared heaters available online but we have confined the result into top six heaters. Pick anyone from our top six infrared heaters and must read infrared heater review provided by The Blazing Home experts. You will find the best infrared heater within.
Best infrared heater Reviews Pick By Our Editors
Number 1: The Dr. Infrared Heater
Top Key Features
- Dual Heater. Dual heating for your home or outdoor space is needed when you have the two bars working at the same time. These two bars help create two direct lines of heat to cover a whole area easily.
- IR Remote. The IR remote is easy to use, and it can reach the device from a long distance. You can change the heating for the room without even getting up if you are comfortable.
- Electric Thermostat. The electric thermostats is extremely accurate, and it helps you have the best readout of how hot it is. You learn how cold it is, and you can check to see if you have gotten to the right temperature.
- Lightweight. This device does not weight very much. It can be placed anywhere in the home, and it could be moved at any time.
- Heats Evenly. Even heating helps you get warm spots all over the house. You must have even heating if you do not want to be sweating while someone else is freezing.
- Easy to move around.
- Easy to control with the remote.
- You can use it in the sunroom or in the house.
- Suitable for commercial use.
- The device helps you get even heating.
- It might be too heavy at 24 pounds.
- You might not need a remote.
- You might need a much larger device.
This is the perfect device for a small space or office. All in
Number 2: Duraflame Infrared Quartz Stove
Top Key Features
- Heating Capacity. This is a 5200 BTU device that will help heat a very large area if needed. You could get this device for a big warehouse, or it might work in your home when you have vaulted ceiling of a large living room.
- 3D Flame Effect. The 3D flame effect looks beautiful. You want to create the image of a real fire so that people can enjoy the ambiance
- The Quartz Heat Production. The quartz helps produce more heat. It is designed to give you a lot of immediate heat so that you can feel the impact of the heater.
- The Heat Protection. The heat protection panel is perfect so that it does not overheat or make you uncomfortable.
- Digital Thermostat. The digital readout is easy to check. You can get it to the right temperature without guessing.
- The device is beautiful.
- Safe to use.
- It has nice visual effects.
- Perfectly heats large areas.
- It looks like a good decorative furniture.
- This device might be too big
- It might be too complicated
- The effects might be too much.
Final VerdictThis will give your house a good contemporary look and also heats the room most efficiently without cutting too much electricity bill.
Number 3: LifeSmart Large Room Infrared heater
Top Key Features
- Programmable thermostats are easy to use, and you can set this one up to turn on and off when you like. Set it up to work on your schedule.
- Six heat elements in this device give you all the heat you need in an even fashion. You can heat the space safely in this way.
- Timer settings are perfect for events. Set the timer to turn off the heating element when you need.
- Remote control options allow you to change the heating from any location. The remote makes this device more convenient.
- Three heat settings give you versatility. It is much easier to pick the right level of heat with three settings.
- The heater is very economical.
- Capable to heat large areas.
- Easy to program.
- You get a remote.
- You could use this heater in any space.
- The heater may not be powerful enough.
- Remote is unnecessary.
- You might need something more attractive.
Final VerdictThis infrared heater is manufactured in the USA. You can consider it if you are a big fan of USA products and have blind trust on product produce by this country.
Number 4: Homegear Compact space heater
Top Key Features
- Safety is number one with Homegear. This cabinet heater is heat guarded.
- The remote is easy to use. You can quickly change the temperature.
- The device is versatile. It can be used in any space.
- The small size of the heater allows you to slide it into hidden spots. no one will notice it.
- The device does not weigh much, and it can be moved at any time. You should carry it to a new spot when needed.
- The device is light.
- This device can be used in tight spaces.
- You get a remote to use.
- This device blends in.
- You could hide the device anywhere safely
- Not suitable for the big size room.
- Not very attractive.
- You might need a device with more settings.
Number 5: ILiving Infrared Portable Heater
Top Key Features
- The box design is compact enough to fit in any space. It helps you carry it around when needed.
- The heat protection allows the outside to remain comfortable. No one gets burned to touch this device.
- The digital readout is easy to see. You need to know the exact temperature when it is running.
- The tip-over protection prevents disasters. You will not run into any problems when you are using this device.
- The infrared heating system is even. You do not get pockets of heat and dryness.
- The device is small.
- You can carry it anywhere.
- The device has a digital readout.
- You can heat any space.
- You have safety protection.
- The device might not be big enough.
- The device might be too unattractive.
- You might want something with more settings.
Number 6: EdenPure Gen 2 Heater
The perfect infrared heater could be found in the EdenPure. You can consider this small and elegant looking heating device of Edenpure. Read this infrared heater review to see what you prefer.
Top Key Features
- This device heats a thousand square feet. You get plenty of coverage.
- This device has a remote. You can change its temperature any time you want.
- There is a safety guard on the outside. You do not get burned using this device.
- The electric thermostats are easy to use. It gives very accurate readings.
- You get a two-year warranty. This company stands behind their product.
- This device is small.
- This device is light enough to carry.
- It has safety features.
- The device heats a thousand square feet.
- You can use in the office or house.
- This device could be too small.
- You might want more settings.
- You might need a more artful exterior.
Best Infrared Heater Buying Guide
Infrared heating offers one of the safest heating options for humans as it is similar to the heat that our bodies radiate and absorb every day and thus 100% natural. Usually, heat moves from hot to cold spaces, which is the basic principle of heat transfer that is also applied by infrared heating. Therefore, we radiate heat when our bodies are warmer than our surroundings and absorb it when we are colder than our surroundings.
This form of heating has a number of applications such as in incubation units for babies as it is a perfect way to offer comfort for humans. Moreover, it is also used by police in locating criminals through infrared thermal imaging, which makes their body radiate heat into cold making it easier to find them. Here we look at all what you might need to know about infrared heating.
Are Infrared Heaters Green?
Finding an effective way to heat your house while staying green to avoid harming the environment is not an easy task. It is thus hard to find even a single method of keeping warm that does not affect the part of nature around you. Since all the products for keeping warm are made in factories, you can argue that even covering yourself or the house with layers of clothes also affects the surroundings. Therefore, you cannot claim that infrared heaters have no effect on the natural world around you.
This greatly influenced by the form of infrared heater that you use as various heaters have different sources of power. Some of the safest sources of fuel include natural gas and electricity and thus the debate could be in trying to determine the one that is better among the two. Therefore, when looking for green infrared heaters, it is advisable to consider the source of power of any given model.
However, the greenness of infrared heaters can be determined by many other factors. For example, electric infrared heaters are considered greener because they do not contribute any emissions or pollute the air by releasing harmful fumes. Electric infrared heaters are safer for the environment than other models as they do not rely on gas lines or fuel. Besides, some brands that claim to produce heaters that do not absorb humidity or oxygen from the air. Such companies argue that their heaters ensure an oxygen-rich environment for easier breathing while creating heat effectively.
Running Costs of Infrared Heating
One of the major factors that affect the heating choices that you make is the running cost. Therefore, if your home does not have access to affordable sources of fuel such as main gas, then you will have pretty limited choices of heating. Some of the alternative heating options with low running costs include infrared heaters, storage heaters, and heat pump and convection heaters. However, infrared heaters are our preferred source of heating as they are affordable and more efficient as compared to other heating options. For instance, purchasing a ground source heat pump may cost you up to 20, 000 pounds and thus might be too expensive for most homeowners. Moreover, infrared heating requires lower running costs than even electric convention heating due to the sizing of the system.
When to Use Infrared Heaters
As mentioned earlier, infrared heaters offer a safe and cost-efficient heating, but they are not usually designed to keep your entire home warm. This means that you cannot forgo the main heating.
Alternatively, you can look for infrared heating technologies with the ability to overcome the heat loss in larger spaces such as airplane hangars, warehouses, and garages. Such places are subject to frequent heat loss as they generally have large doors or cavities and thus infrared system keeps them from cooling too much.
Infrared heaters are also found in factories along production lines, but they are not meant for cavernous areas or industrial sites. However, these appliances come handy in home improvement and construction projects due to their ability to direct heat on objects, which is applicable to drying paint.
Finally, the use of infrared heaters at a spa or your local gym as infrared saunas is increasingly becoming popular. The infrared rays help in warming your body in a similar way as the sun rays due to the new technology that directs these rays to your body. This provides a more effective and safer way to warm your body because infrared saunas are free of potentially harmful UV rays. Besides, infrared heating heats the bodies more efficiently with heating the air, which might cause discomfort.
Types of Infrared Heater
There are three types of infrared heater, which differ depending on thermal energy that their emitters are designed to produce due to their intended use. These include:
Near Infrared Heaters
Near Infrared heaters, also include IRA, Bright, or Shortwave infrared heaters and heat lamps. These heaters emit a bright red visible light and temperatures of 1300o c and operate between 0.75 to 1.4 microns. Usually, these heaters are designed with a reflector that allows them to concentrate the thermal energy in a given direction. Near Infrared emitters are ideal for heat applications that require high intensity such as welding, cooking or thermoforming plastics.
Medium Infrared, Medium Wave or IRB Heaters
Medium infrared heaters produce a deep red light and operate within a range of 1.4 to 3 microns while emitting temperatures of between 500- 800o C. This type of infrared heater is used in glass blowing and smelting processes as well as in heat-seeking missiles that detect aircraft’s exhaust signatures.
Far Infrared, Dark Radiators or Long Wave, or IRC heaters
These operate in the wavelengths that above 3 microns. These infrared elements emit much lower temperatures, which are usually around 100o C with no visible light. Far infrared radiation is biologically the ideal heating wavelength for human and animal skin due to its 80% water composition, which enhances the absorption of these radiations.
Benefits of Infrared Heater
Infrared Heaters offers several benefits as compared to other heating options. These include
1. Cost Effective and Environmentally Friendly
As mentioned above, infrared heaters do not emit any pollutants in your home as they operate without fuel lines, open flames, carbon combustion or toxic byproducts.
Infrared are also cost-effective as they warm objects directly and thus do not waste energy by heating the air in the room.
2. Works Instantly
Infrared heaters produce a precise beam of heat that warms your body or an object directly unlike most heaters that work through a convention process. Remember, convention involves heating the air surrounding the object gradually before heating the entire room. Therefore, with infrared heaters, you do not have to wait for your body to warm, unlike other heaters.
3. Minimal Maintenance
The other major benefit of using infrared heaters is that they require minimal maintenance. Infrared heaters do not feature moving parts or a motor that would wear out or air filters to replace and thus even lubrication is not required. Therefore, you only need to clean the reflectors periodically to ensure that your unit continues to work well.
4.Silent and Gentle
Infrared heaters do not use a fan or any noisy part as they are designed to just radiate heat. This makes them ideal for environments that are sensitive to noise such as bedrooms.
5. Excellent Design
With the advancement of technology, you are likely to find infrared space heaters with great design. Some models such as Air & Water offer heaters designed with a furniture-like wood finish that makes them perfect for most décor.
Health Benefits of Infrared Heater
Apart from the benefits discussed above, Infrared heating provides clear health benefits to your body as compared to convection methods of heating. Infrared heaters heat people and objects directly unlike conventional heaters that warm the surrounding air and the surfaces. This helps create a great heat movement through optimal circulation of blood for a feeling of deep warmth.
Besides, Infrared heating is a great heating method that does not create air currents that would unsettle dust particles in your room. It also prevents unnecessary humidity that leads to the growth of mold. This makes it beneficial to people with respiratory health conditions such as bronchial ailments or asthma.
What to Consider When Buying Best Infrared Heater
Choosing the best Infrared heater can be a huge hassle due to the number of models available in the market and features that you need to consider. Here are the key features that you need to consider regardless of whether you are looking for a large heater with wheels or a small tabletop unit model.
Infrared heating is an efficient technology, but it is important to understand that the overall efficiency of the heater is determined by how the unit is designed. However, apart from its materials, design, and construction, you should look for some energy saving features in your preferred infrared heater. This might be a challenge for most users to determine with precision when it comes to most infrared heaters, as they do not come with Energy Guide labels.
Furthermore, it also important to realize that energy efficiency matters more than energy consumption when it comes to infrared heaters. You should also remember that at one time appliances require having some of their parts replaced and thus it is advisable to choose a model whose replacement parts are readily available.
It is also good to avoid models that claim to reduce your electrical usage by half as that is not such savings are not practical. Besides, you should not expect a unit to offer energy saving benefits if you are being forced to add a heater with reducing your system’s consumption.
Usually, Infrared heaters are available in different prices, which may be less than $ 50 for a small portable unit or more than $1000 for attractive fireplace units. However, it is important to understand that high price does not mean better energy savings or features as prices may be inflated due to increase in demand or if the brands are limited.
Therefore, it is good to consider the features, heating technology and construction of the unit to ensure that you get the right model. The best Infrared heater model should include thermostatic controls and also offer a stylish design.
Choosing an Infrared heater without thermostatic controls will end up costing more in the end as it will be hard for you to control the output of heat.
The best Infrared unit will feature an excellent design that makes it stand out as an appliance in your home. It should also include premium features that enhance its efficiency and performance. Some of the premium features that you might find important include:
- Replaceable air filter
- Stylish design
- Compact cabinets
- LED operating light
- Built-in humidifier
Tube Infrared or Quartz bulbs heaters
Infrared heaters with quartz bulbs or tube bulbs are the best as they are long lasting and thus offer great value for your money. It is important to avoid heaters with short-life bulbs since replacement bulbs for some models are difficult to find or too expensive. Therefore, look for units with long-life bulbs such as quartz bulbs as this reduces the operating expenses. You also ensure that such replacement parts are affordable and readily available.
Usually, Infrared heaters are meant to be space heaters or room (zone) heaters. It is also good to know that some room heaters may come with the ability to heat a large area, However, Infrared heaters should supplement your central heating furnace and thus it should not be used as a sole heating unit in a home.
- Great exterior touch
- Heating capacity ideal for your area
- Wheels that swivel
- Sturdy construction and design that resist tipping
- Return policy
- Easy to set controls
These are the best six infrared heating devices on the market, and you must plan to use one of them to keep yourself, your staff, and your family warm.